- -

Stonecutter or Bust

Photo copyright Brooklyn Tweed-Jared Flood.
Brooklyn Tweed's latest look book release was teeming with drool worthy patterns, per usual, but there was one sweater that was so utterly preposterous in its magnificence that it had me hooked at first glance. The sweater tour de force I speak of is none other than Michele Wang's Stonecutter.   This talented designer never disappoints, but she has really outdone herself this time. The gods of Aran bow down before its cabled glory.

My only reservation is in the yarn I've chosen (Cascade 220 Heathers), which may be entirely too plebeian for such a marvel of engineering. At close to 1,800 yards, sheer economics won me over to the mass produced dark side.

Stay tuned for the next installment. Which may feature a totally different yarn. Probably.


Leave a Reply