- -

I Brake for Color

I decided to take a very short break to infuse a little color into my woolly world. My beloved Ash cardigan in stormcloud gray, as lovely as it will be, is not exactly a technicolor dream coat. Being the sort of girl who needs a lot of color in her life (as well as the sort of girl who can't commit to just one project), I thought I'd try my hand at a sweet little Knitty.com fingerless glove pattern called Spatterdash by knit designer Dagmar Mora (which is quite possibly the coolest name ever...). This pattern offers three things that I find impossible to resist: 1) It only requires small amounts of leftover sock yarn 2) There's an opportunity to mix and match colors and 2) Excessive use of buttons (you'll have to refer to the pattern link above to see what I mean...) In fact, so fond of buttons am I that I'd be right at home as a pearly cockney.
Spatterdash

I'm using up some hand-dyed Araucania yarn called Ranco Multy in two different colorways. Both skeins have been in my stash for years, and it's about time they came to life.
Arucania

I'm thinking this color combination will look pretty snazzy with my turquoise rings.

TurquoiseRings

Leave a Reply