- -

This is how it all begins.


Photo: Juneberry, the pattern that birthed an obsession.

I am in love with Jared Flood. If not the man, then certainly his aesthetic. I know "love" may be a bold word given the circumstances, but how else to describe my affection for someone who perfectly captures my raison de knitting? I speak not about the act of knitting, but rather, the way it translates into a well lived life. I am talking about an exquisite, textured shawl casually draped around one's shoulders while sipping an artisanal latte at a hip sidewalk cafe in SoHo. The simple, understated sweater that wards off the chill in your 18th century log cabin in the Shenandoah. The generously wound scarf that transforms t-shirt and jeans into Barcelona chic.

Thank you, Jared and the fine people behind Brooklyn Tweed for inspiring me to make the world a more beautiful place, one glorious project at a time. How I love thee. In the next 12 months, I shall count the ways.

Leave a Reply